REPORTS TO: Chef
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist in the set-up, operation and cleanup of the interior and exterior of the restaurant; washes, stores and stocks all plateware, glassware, eating utensils, cups, bowls, pots, pans and other smallwares and equipment for the restaurant. Correctly cleans and maintains the dishwashing machine. Keeps dish machine area clean and sanitary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Reports to work on time and is on the dishwashing station as indicated on the weekly
2. work schedule. Uniform meets restaurant requirements and is maintained and clean.
3. Cleans front of the house areas, as assigned. These areas include but are not limited to, floors, bar floors/mats, windows, trash cans and restrooms, prior to opening of the restaurant.
4. Cleans and performs routine maintenance to the exterior of the building according to the
housekeeping, cleaning and maintenance schedule established by the kitchen and other managers.
5. Sets up and breaks down dish machine, including arms, screens, and baskets on a daily basis.
Cleans and polishes machine thoroughly.
6. Checks dish machine to be sure it is operating correctly and immediately reports any defects to a member of the management team.
7. Washes, stores and stocks all plateware, glassware, eating utensils, cups, bowls, pots, pans and other smallwares and equipment to ensure sufficient quantities are on hand to meet the needs of the business.
8. Checks, on a frequent basis, the water temperature of the dish machine during dishwashing
operation to ensure correct temperature.
9. Removes trash from the dish room and kitchen and places in dumpster regularly throughout the shift. Cleans and sanitizes trash cans and keeps clean liners in cans at all times.
10. Checks, removes and replaces full linen bags regularly throughout the shift.
11. Assists front and back of the house personnel in spot cleaning floors, carpeting, walls and other furnishings in order to maintain a safe and pleasing environment for team members and guests.
12. Assists all restaurant personnel in storing food, equipment, supply, small wares and other stock items received in the restaurant.
13. Maintains the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation for work area to include counter tops, refrigeration units, floors, walls and shelving.
14. Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift. Immediately reports any unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, accidents and/or injuries to the Chef or Manager-on-Duty.
15. Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of each shift. Assists Chef, Restaurant Manager, and other kitchen personnel in accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
16. Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
17. Supports other Back-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
18. Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet – Steward
• Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility for a period up to four hours in
• Must be able to constantly bend, stoop, lift, handle, and carry food supply, smallwares, equipment, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 50 pounds constantly and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility for a period up to eight hours in
• Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
• Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
• Must be able to work in an environment subject to wet floor conditions, extreme cold (30 degrees), heat temperatures above 100 degrees, loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and smoke
• The use of cut gloves as that is a company requirement for all BOH personnel for safety
• Maintains good grooming habits
1. Minimum 6 months general labor, restaurant experience preferred.
2. Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to supervisors and other team
3. Ability to understand communication in English.
4. Position may require work on nights, weekends, and holidays.