REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Cook all potatoes, vegetables and hot appetizer items prepared in the restaurant. Accomplishes all food preparation, cooking methods, procedures and timing to ensure that all food product adheres to the specifications and quality standards of Ruth’s Chris Steak House (“RCSH”).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Reports to work on time and is on the side station as indicated on the work schedule. Uniform meets restaurant requirements and is maintained and clean. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
2. Sets-up the side station to include all food items, preparation equipment, plateware, food ingredients and supply items needed for effective operation of the station. Follows the Side Station set-up, and reports problems or discrepancies to the Chef.
3. Assists other kitchen personnel in food preparation and sidework as assigned by the Chef. Preps all food product according to the standards and procedures stated on the RCSH recipe books.
4. Preps and cooks all food to ensure that all items are prepared according to company specifications, recipes, procedures and quality standards. Ensures our guests have a superior dining experience by correctly timing and serving all food product.
5. Checks, prior to the start of the shift, the par and stock levels of all potatoes, vegetables, hot appetizer ingredients, condiments, garnishes, equipment, plateware and smallwares to ensure sufficient quantity for the demands of the business. Communicates any discrepancies to the Chef/Sous Chef.
6. Correctly seasons, cooks and plates all side station food products to ensure that all food product is prepared and served up to RCSH standards of quality, presentation and timing.
7. Communicates and coordinates with the broiler cook to ensure that all food product is prepared and ready for service at the correct time.
8. Restocks all food items, condiments, plateware, smallwares, equipment and supplies throughout the shift to ensure sufficient stock levels for the demands of business.
9. Maintains the highest degree of sanitation, cleanliness and food safety of the work area to include counter tops, stovetops, fryers, floors, walls and shelving.
10. Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift. Immediately reports any unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, accidents and/or injuries to the Chef and/or Manager on Duty.
11. Supports other Back-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
12. Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of each shift. Assists Chef on Duty and kitchen personnel in accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
13. Additional duties as assigned.
• Must be able to lift, handle, carry food supply, smallwares, equipment, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 50 pounds constantly and up to 100 pounds occasionally
• Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility for a period up to eight hours in length
• Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
• Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
• Must be able to work in an environment subject to extreme cold 30 degrees, heat temperatures above 100 degrees, loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and smoke
• The use of cut gloves as that is a company requirement for all BOH personnel for safety
• Maintains good grooming habits
• Minimum 1 year experience as a side or sauté cook in a full service, fine dining upscale, tablecloth or casual dining restaurant required
• Experience with fresh products preferred
• Minimum 100 covers per shift
• Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to supervisors, other team members, vendors, suppliers and other business representatives
• Ability to understand communication in English
• Position may require work on nights, weekends, and holidays