REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: To coordinate a minimum three-table station to provide a dining experience that meets or exceeds Guest’s expectation. Provides food, beverage, service and hospitality that meet all RCSH standards and procedures. Creates a safe and comfortable environment for all Guests and Team Members
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform. Practices positive
personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
2. Obtains station assignments from host/hostess or Manager-On-Duty at the start of the work shift; correctly completes all assigned opening and side work duties in a timely manner.
3. Sets-up and restocks service stations before, during and after service; restocks glassware, ice and other items needed for the bar.
4. Greets Guests immediately, makes suggestions and answers questions regarding food, beverages and service. Practices salesmanship to enhance the dining experience without allowing Guests to over order. Uses Guests’ names regularly throughout the dining experience
5. Takes and records food and beverage orders from guests according to RCSH Sequence of Service and Pivot Point systems.
6. Processes Guests’ orders, using the computer terminal according to RCSH Sequence of Service, Pivot Point and Food Timing systems to ensure all items are prepared and served on a timely basis. Ensures all items are rung on the computer.
7. Ensures that all food and beverages delivered and served are served promptly, garnished correctly and meet the quality/presentation standards of RCSH. Personally serves all entrée items to the guests.
8. Observes restaurant diners to ensure that guests are satisfied with food, beverages and service: immediately recognizes and responds to any guest needs and/or requests.
9. Serves water, bread and butter to Guests in assigned area immediately upon being seated. Serves refreshments regularly throughout the dining experience.
10. Packages all leftovers tableside according to RCSH standards.
11. Clears and replaces items (e.g., dishes, silverware, beverage containers) as needed for next course
12. Maintains tables and station according to RCSH standards throughout the dining experience.
13. Practices teamwork by assisting fellow Team Members, as needed, by serving food, practicing table
maintenance and bussing to enhance our Guests’ dining experience.
14. Communicates to the Manager-On-Duty any and all situations where a Guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of the dining experience.
15. Correctly presents the Guest check and processes payment for all food and beverages sold.
16. Closes station only upon direction from Manager-On-Duty; correctly completes all closing, side work and checkout duties in a timely manner.
17. Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
18. Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
19. Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet – Service.
20. Additional duties as assigned.
Guest First Mindset
• Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on the Guest experience
• Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for all Guests
•Has extensive knowledge of wine and spirits
• Excellent Guest service skills and a strong work ethic
• Well-organized with ability to take and place food and beverage orders accurately
• Ability to operate point-of-sale systems
• Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
• Handle stress associated with responding to/solving problems
• Ability to take orders quickly and accurately
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time, at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly
• Ability read, speak, write, and understand communication in English
• Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. trays, small wares and equipment) at a minimum of 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
• Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
• Must be able to continuously use fingers (e.g. to bilaterally operate point-of-sale equipment, prepare and serve food/beverage items)
• Work is performed in a restaurant
• Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
• Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises from restaurant equipment and
machinery, fumes, odors, dust and smoke
• Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree Fahrenheit