REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Communicates with and assists servers to maintain service efficiency and Guest satisfaction. Maintains cleanliness of, and restocks, Front-of-House service stations; practices on-going table maintenance for all Guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Reports to work on time as indicated on the work schedule. Uniform meets restaurant
requirements and is maintained and clean. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness
habits during all work shifts.
2. Obtains station assignments from hostess/host or Manager on Duty at the start of the work shift, correctly completes all assigned opening and sidework duties in a timely manner.
3. Sets-up and restocks service stations before, during and after service; restocks glassware, ice and other items needed for the bar.
4. Serves water, bread, and butter to guests in assigned area immediately upon being seated. Serves refreshments regularly throughout the dining experience.
5. Removes dishes, silverware, glassware, and all other items when guests are finished using them. Replaces items as needed for next course.
6. Returns dirty dishware, glassware, utensils and linen to the dishwashing area; sorts items
according to the “decoy” system, placing them in prescribed area for proper disposition.
7. Clears all table items after Guest is finished and has left table.
8. Resets vacated tables according to the procedures stated in the RCSH training materials.
9. Communicates to the service staff any requests or needs of the Guest.
10. Assists service and steward staff in spot cleaning in dining room, as needed.
11. Performs all closing duties/sidework before end of shift.
12. Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
13. Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
14. Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet – Server Assistant.
15. Additional duties as assigned.
Guest First Mindset
• Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on the Guest experience
• Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine interest in Guests, and ensuring a
superior dining experience for all Guests
• Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
• Understanding of proper food handling and sanitation procedures
• While performing the duties of this job, the team member must be able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time, at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly
• Ability to read, speak, and understand communication in English
• Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g., trays, small wares, and equipment) at a minimum of 35 pounds on a frequent basis
• Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
• Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
• Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
• Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises from restaurant equipment and
machinery, fumes, odors, dust, and smoke
• Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10-degree Fahrenheit