The National Private Dining and Catering Program Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing implementation of companywide strategy for growing private event client business, including national Catering Accounts, preferred caterer partnerships, strategic brand partnerships, in restaurant group dining and off-site catering and concession events. In addition, he/she is responsible, in conjunction with the education department, for training all Sales Managers in policies related to off-site catering, preferred catering partner relationships and private dining and reviewing annual performance assessments of Sales Managers. He/She will contribute to, recommend or conduct follow up training as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for Private Dining and Catering program strategy and development, through an integrated approach of: identifying business opportunity; developing business plans, including marketing; communicating programs out to field with assistance of National Program Coordinator; training and supporting the field in implementation and selling of business.
- Develops training materials and tools to be used by the field sales staff. Develops annual marketing plans to support the program (s). Continually audits the program for the best practices and tools needed.
- Liaison with training department to address education needs for the field. Identifies needs and addresses those through the thoughtful development of tools for field implementation. Could include training tools, marketing collateral, Web and digital assets, menu innovation and development.
- Understands and creatively uses available IT resources to maximize the programs efficiency for clients and internal audiences,
- Manage relationship Event Management software, including training materials, creation and customization of accounts for new restaurant openings, questions from the field
- Stay up to date on industry developments in event planning, catering, and private dining.
- Create and implement tools, best practices, and initiatives to support program growth, including internal or external incentives, sales materials, new resources, etc.
- Oversee tests or roll-outs of new initiatives, including sales programs or platforms, new menus or items, as well as special culinary and beverage promotions for Private Dining or Catering.
- Manage manager scorecard process, including setting and managing timelines, identifying needed updates to the assessment, resources for the RVPs, GMs and SMs. Analyze results and share development opportunities with the Presidents and RVPs.
- Regularly update RHGI and RCSH Presidents, in partnership with Regional Vice Presidents to identify program growth and areas of opportunity.
- Develops Catering event P&Ls as needed, and manages the delivery of off-site national catering events. Responsible for managing the review for off-site catering and concession events in partnership with the RVPs and Regional Corporate Chefs and tracking all revenues the program generates on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Manages multi-level communication with training, finance, culinary, beverage, marketing, IT and Regional Vice Presidents to ensure alignment and support, with support of VP of Brand Development.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators for any menu or promotion and evaluate impact to company’s sales, traffic, and profitability goals.
- Lead annual Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager meetings, including content development, agenda, deliverables, key measurements, and follow up items as necessary.
- In collaboration with VP of Franchise Operations and Franchise Coordinator, act as liaison and point person for the department for inclusion of teams in corporate programming, including core menus, incentives, special promotions, sales meetings, etc.
- Relationship building - Internal and External
- Sales building skills
- Business planning and financial responsibility
- Personal effectiveness
- Decision making and problem solving
- Outstanding verbal and written skills
- Experience in sales and catering management software
- High-energy, self-accountability with with strong organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of restaurant/hospitality operations
Preferred Education & Work Experience
- 5-7 years prior food and beverage/catering sales experience and/or meeting sales experience required, preferably in a restaurant or hospitality setting.
- Experience in program/project management including ideation, organizing teams, developing tactics, implementation and measurement to meet business goals.
- Above average computer skills, including a familiarity with Microsoft Word, SharePoint, Excel and Outlook, Social Media Networking and Event Software.
- 4 year degree in Marketing, Business, Hospitality Management or equivalent degree and/or experience.
- Note: travel required