The positions primary responsibility is creating and expediting Purchase Orders with respective vendors as well as tracking payments and delivery. Also responsible for communicating with vendors recommended by the contracted facility designer at a competitive price while meeting established schedules. This position must manage vendors in all products purchased for new and remodeled restaurants including all FF&E, including carpet/tile, wallcoverings & furniture, signage, audio visual, and other assigned commodities. In addition, this position supports the D&C Team for the purpose of optimizing internal product flow and handling processes. This position reports to the Sr. Dir of Construction.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for detailed product knowledge of restaurant furniture, fixtures, equipment and décor.
- Responsible for professional communication with vendors, home office, and operations personnel
- Develops, evaluates, and maintains vendors who meet our specifications, cost, and delivery guidelines.
- Evaluates and reads plans and drawings to generate orders
- Manages and maintains Purchase Order contracts with priority vendors to meet the legal requirements
- Establishes vendor/supplier logistics and freight management procedures for assigned commodities
- Orders, schedules, and expedites Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment purchases meeting delivery goals of projects
- Assists with reconciliation of invoices against approved purchase orders and tracking deliveries and payments
- Create and maintain spec book including samples throughout the project duration
- Provides continuously updated information including the confirmed delivery dates, material specifications, and construction timelines to the internal teams and affected vendors.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience
- Requires at least 5 years of related hospitality-industry work experience, experience in restaurant FF&E purchasing preferred
- Requires strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Requires excellent organization, project management skills and a strong sense of urgency
- Requires strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other PC applications
- Experience with Great Plains and Encore software strongly preferred.