All FOH positions are expected to report to work as indicated on the work schedule, be in correct uniform, practice positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts. Each position will obtain their station assignment at the beginning of the shift and perform all opening and closing duties as needed and directed by the Manager on Duty. Practicing teamwork by assisting fellow team members will be expected to enhance our guests’ dining experience and team members must communicate any and all guest issues to the Manager on Duty should our guests express any dissatisfaction with their dining experience. It is essential for FOH team members to perform all duties and maintain knowledge of all standards and procedures as stated in each individual position’s RCSH Employee Training Packet.
- Greets guests immediately, makes suggestions and answers questions regarding food, beverages and service. Practices salesmanship to enhance the dining experience without allowing guests to over order. Uses guests’ names regularly throughout the dining experience
- Takes and records food and beverage orders from guests according to RCSH Sequence of Service and Pivot Point systems.
- Processes guests’ orders, using the computer terminal according to RCSH Sequence of Service, Pivot Point and Food Timing systems to ensure all items are prepared and served on a timely basis. Ensures all items are rung on the computer.
- Ensures that all food and beverages delivered and served are served promptly, garnished correctly and meet the quality/presentation standards of RCSH. Personally serves all entrée items to the guests.
- Observe restaurant dinners to ensure that guests are satisfied with food, beverages and service: immediately recognizes and responds to any guest needs and/or requests.
- Maintains tables and station according to RCSH standards throughout the dining experience.
Bar Service Staff
- Orders, requisitions and stocks all liquor, beverage and other bar supplies according to procedures established in the restaurant.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for bar and dining room guests while adhering to all RCSH specifications, recipes and procedures.
- Greets all bar guests immediately, makes beverage suggestions and answers questions regarding food and beverage service.
- Takes records and rings all food and beverage items ordered by bar guests. Prepares beverages for the service staff only upon receipt of a computer beverage ticket.
- Observes bar guests to ensure that guests are satisfied with food, beverages and service; immediately recognizes and responds to any guest’s needs and/or requests.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the bar counter, back bar, bar work areas, shelving and storage areas up to RCSH standards.
- Adheres to and complies with all state/local liquor laws and RCSH policies regarding the service of alcoholic beverages.
- Performs the cashiering function for the service staff and restaurant.
- Sets-up and restocks service stations before, during and after service; restocks glassware, ice and other items needed for the bar.
- Serves water, bread and butter to guests in assigned area immediately upon being seated. Serves refreshments regularly throughout the dining experience.
- Removes dishes, silverware, glassware and all other items when guests are finished using them. Replaces items as needed for next course
- Returns dirty dishware, glassware, utensils and linen to the dishwashing area; sorts items according to the “decoy” system, placing them in prescribed area for proper disposition.
- Resets vacated tables according to the procedures stated in the RCSH training materials.
- Communicates to the service staff any requests or needs of the guest.
- Sets up the front line with the equipment, plate ware and small wares needed to effectively serve all food products. Items include, but are not limited to; serving spoons, forks, goose necks, under liners for vegetables, folded napkins for handling hot plates and garnishes. Keeps station restocked throughout the shift.
- Cleans large and small trays and tray stands to be ready for service.
- Reads order tickets as they arrive and place onto ticket minder. Tracks cooking times on all orders, checks finished product for proper degree of doneness, appearance and plate presentation.
- Coordinates and communicates with the broil and pantry stations to correctly time and serve "hot and cold" items to the guest.
- Garnishes finished entrees according to the specifications and procedures contained in the Ruth's Chris Steak House Recipe Book (examples: butter, parsley, lemon) and immediately trays and delivers food so that the food is served hot and sizzling.
- Delivers food to the correct table and pivot point position numbers. Assists the server as necessary to ensure that the guest is served immediately ("Hot Food Hot, Cold Food Cold"). Assists the server as needed to optimize the guest's dining experience.
- Completes all side work in the front and/or back of the house as assigned and scheduled by the members of the management team.
- Assists the Manager on Duty in planning reservations and assigning parties to appropriate tables, stations and/or servers.
- Answers the telephone in a timely, pleasant and courteous manner. Correctly takes, confirms and documents reservations.
- Immediately recognizes and greets arriving guests, obtains guests’ names, provides names to servers and directs guests to the appropriate waiting areas.
- Escorts guests to their assigned table, delivers and presents menus to all guests.
- Controls the flow of business by practicing rotation seating, anticipating table turns and following the reservation and seating plan.
- Accurately quotes waiting times to guests and correctly maintains the “wait” list. Informs Manager on Duty when waiting time is running over times quoted to our guests.
- Must be able to lift, handle and carry trays, small wares and equipment weighing anywhere from 25 to 100 pounds, depending on position.
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis to obtain and store food, beverage items, small wares and service equipment.
- Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility for a period up to four hours in length.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to supervisors, employees and guests.
- Must be able to continuously use fingers to bilaterally operate point-of-sale equipment, prepare and serve food/beverage items.
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to extreme cold (30 degrees), heat (temperatures above 100 degrees), and loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and smoke.
- Must apply in person Monday - Friday | 9am - 5pm | 7001 E. Belleview Ave. 2nd Floor, Denver, CO 80237