All Ruth’s Hospitality Group Team Members are expected to demonstrate the values and behaviors outlined in The Sizzle. For this reason, the job description that follows outlines the essential duties and responsibilities required to fulfill the primary requirements of the Facilities Manager. All Team Members should understand that additional requirements, tasks, activities and efforts will regularly be required of Team Members so that we can support the Ruth’s Hospitality Group restaurants and the Team Members who work in them.
The Facilities Managers is responsible for the management of facility projects for the various restaurants including the design, construction, scheduling and maintenance of equipment and small construction projects in the restaurants. This position will be responsible for the preparation of budgets, requesting and reviewing bids and the scheduling of the facility modifications, including preventative maintenance contracts for the various pieces of equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Primary resource to maintain and address any issues with the company’s facilities.
· Plans, budgets and schedules facilities program and processes, including estimates.
· Initiate planned maintenance programs for a variety of restaurant facilities with the Operations team.
· Responsible for preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC, refrigeration and kitchen equipment, etc.
· Tracks and manages field requests for maintenance capital projects.
- Keeps in compliance with and abreast of all OSHA regulations.
- Trains operations and restaurant staff on maintenance procedures.
· Serves as a liaison between restaurants, landlords, contractors and vendors when needed to repair facilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in maintenance trades
· Knowledge of business codes
· Familiarity with telecommunications equipment
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Office and SharePoint. To perform essential functions listed above.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in Facilities Management or equivalent
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field, two of which were holding a supervisory position directing a multi-functional maintenance staff.
- Strong mechanical aptitudes and a working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and refrigeration systems.
· Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills.
· Ability to define problems, and resolve them quickly.
· Familiar with local building codes and OSHA regulations.
· Familiar with all current health and safety regulations. .
· Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations.
· Must be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels both in and out of the restaurants.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and lift objects of up to 50 lbs.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
· Safety Glasses required while performing specific duties.
· Exposed to a combination of office and restaurant environments.
· Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
- Able to schedule and work nights if project requires