Responsibilities include all areas of tax including income, franchise, sales & use, property tax and unclaimed property reporting.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with preparation of the quarterly income tax provision
- Assist with tax planning projects and corporate tax return preparation
- Assist in compiling information needed for tax return preparation, including state apportionment schedules
- Assist with responding to federal and state audits, information requests and notices
- Sales and Use Tax:
Assist with sales and use tax returns
Responsible for rate and law change updates
Assist in a location by location review of our current filing methods
- Assist with unclaimed property database maintenance and annual compliance
- Fixed Assets:
Review tax fixed asset database
Calculate annual depreciation, disposal gain/loss, etc.
- Coordination with outside consultants on annual property tax renditions
- Work with Finance and Accounting on establishing annual tax-related budget amounts
- Correspond with outside consultants on tax matters
- Ensure compliance for all tax and miscellaneous filings
- Prepare monthly trade reports and other miscellaneous filings
- Two to three years tax or accounting experience, preferably with a large public accounting firm, or in a corporate tax department.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting rules, federal & state tax laws, and reporting requirements.
- Ability to work on projects independently, and as part of a multi-disciplinary group.
- Proficient Excel and database skills, including the ability to analyze and manipulate large amounts of data.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities.
Preferred education and work experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting required
- Masters degree in accounting or tax preferred
- Preferably a CPA or working towards obtaining CPA license
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years tax and accounting experience