The primary duty of the Licensing and Legal Coordinator is to support the General Counsel & Senior Corporate Counsel in provision of legal services for the corporation, including licensing, litigation tracking & support, budget & expense management, contract management, subpoenas, service of process and certificates of insurance. Incumbent is focused on execution with defined parameters, with some expansion based on developing capability and/or experience in partnership with manager and more experienced staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures company remains properly licensed to conduct business in all applicable jurisdictions.
- Completes all license renewals on a timely basis.
- Researches requirements and obtains additional licenses as necessary based on changes in the business or applicable licensing statutes and regulations.
- Maintains licensing and agency approval files.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with licensing agency staff.
- Prepares and files all required periodic reporting to regulatory authorities.
- Coordinates with CSC for business registrations, registered agent services and service of process.
- Ensures subpoenas and garnishments are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Tracks litigation updates and assists with litigation hold notices and discovery.
- Processes legal invoices, tracks legal expenses by category and reconciles monthly department P&L and budget.
- Obtains certificates of insurance, as needed.
- Ensures contracts are reviewed, as needed, and retains copies upon execution.
- Monitors the Ethics Hotline vendor and case management system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the hospitality industry.