This position is responsible for supporting all operational aspects of the Ruth’s Hospitality Group Gift Card program including business to client (B2C), business to business (B2B), trade and promotional card activities for Ruth’s Chris Steak House. This position will require management of external vendors and interact closely with guests, corporate restaurants and Franchisees, and several internal departments including but not limited to: Marketing, Accounting/Finance, IT and Legal.
- Support all operational aspects of RHGI gift card program with strong focus on guest experience.
- Research gift card transactions and inquiries for guests, restaurants, vendor partners, etc, in a timely manner.
- Assists with managing the relationship with outside fulfillment partner for routine internet card orders.
- Prepare manual orders as needed for large/bulk orders.
- Assists B2B sales including processing orders and reconciliation of monthly reports.
- Support Brand Manager, Gift Cards in identifying process improvements to enhance gift card experience for guests and vendors.
- Manage gift card inventory and work directly with Brand Manager, Gift Cards on gift card production (projections, printing, and fulfillment).
- Assist the restaurants with inventory management.
- Collaborate with accounting to enforce policies and procedures and reconcile department transactions.
- Deliver timely and relevant communication with guests, the field, franchise community, etc. as needed
- Ensure compliance with mandated regulations (e.g. PCI, FinCEN, and other gift card laws and mandates.)
- Support gift cards through the holiday season (November – December)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Superior customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must due to the volume of customer and business client interaction.
- Strong communication & guest recovery skills along with a hospitality mindset
- Able to understand guest needs quickly and to resolve issues effectively. Desire to give over-the-top customer service at all times.
- Strong computer skills in order to research orders, process credit card transactions and/or credits, investigate issues, order stock, etc.
- Knowledge of proper machine operation on a variety of office machines to include postage, fax, UPS.com, printers, etc.
- Competency with basic math and accounting processes to include daily balancing of transactions.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, especially during key gift giving holiday seasons.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment with low supervision.
- Able to supervise temporary workers on a seasonal basis.
Education & Training:
Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred. Three years of sales or customer service experience. Knowledge of gift card/stored value products is desirable. Restaurant industry or retail experiences a plus. Functional computer knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook is necessary.
- Work performed in an office environment