Vice President - Development
Date Posted: 8/9/2012
This position is responsible for leading the selection and development of new restaurant locations for all Ruth’s Hospitality Group concepts. This individual leads the Development team in their efforts to identify and evaluate new sites as well as being a key contributor in the tenant/landlord negotiation process, restaurant remodel planning, as well as construction and facilities management. In addition the Vice President is responsible for coordination and communication of all development activities and requires strong partnership skills with Brand Presidents, Finance, Legal, and Accounting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of real estate sourcing, market analysis and development.
- Working knowledge of financial proforma analysis related to commercial and real estate deals.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Web-based applications).
- Strong interpersonal skills. Can negotiate deals firmly, with poise.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, leading and motivating Real Estate directors to secure sites, negotiate leases and propose future RE strategies.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) OR
- Ten (10) years' experience in Real Estate Development, preferably hospitality OR
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience
- Master's degree preferred